Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Final CAS Reflection

Using The CAS Criteria I will Write My Last CAS Post!

Increased awareness of their own strengths and areas of growth

Increase stamina in football, stamina is my weakness for football. I always had trouble keeping up with training. By the end of every session, I felt my stamina increased but not at significant level of change

Undertaken new challenges

Leadership in Recycling and Sustainability, I was appointed as a leader for this year’s recycling and sustainability CAS session. Managing and Organizing a large group of students and ensuring that every recyclable material is collected from every class on campus was a challenged I undertook

Planned and initiated activities

Creativity for CAS – This year I planned to compose my own music and do video commentaries. This is something I always wanted to do this as a personal project. During my free time, I always play games and make music. I like to talk about my progress is the game and how create the song is created. I have successfully made my own music. It is 8 bit music which is old game music from 1980 -1990 games.

Worked collaboratively with others

Leadership in Recycling and Sustainability, as a leader  in the CAS activity, it is required that I must worked collaboratively with others. This is not just a just requirement but also a duty of a leader and I think I have worked collaboratively with my fellow recyclers.

Shown perseverance and commitment in their activities

During football session, the only thing that motivated me to continue was to improve at any cost, I treat football as the same as Rugby (which is my preferred sport) I will always give 100% and sometimes more. I push myself to achieve great goals, like have a stamina of 5 to 10 minutes.

Engaged with issues of global importance

Recycling and Sustainability, waste management is one of many global problems that we, as a global community face. In order to tackle this problem, I joined the recycling CAS activity. This activity helps reduce the ecological footprint of OSC. It may be not much on a global importance but we must always take small steps at a time. But in order to increase how recycling effects on global importance is by, raising awareness in the local community and on the internet through blogs.

Considered the ethical implications of their actions

Recycling and Sustainability, as a group we reduce the ecological footprint of OSC. This is done by recycling paper, plastic water bottles, cardboard, glass bottles, printer cartridges and more. Recycling is just one of three easy ways of reducing environmental impact, the other two are, reduce and reuse. (The three R’s)

Developed new skills

Creativity for CAS was one session that I lacked, so I decide to create my onw music. Create music during my free time and I wanted to document it. I created old school 8 bit music. This was the first time that I created 8 bit music.

No comments:

Post a Comment